August 23-25, 2013
2013 - Preliminary Schedule
Friday, August 23
7 pm - 9:30 pm Reception for Michael Forsberg, poster signing event
10:00 pm Outdoor Slide Show presented by Michael Forsberg on the BroadSide Theater of the Creamer's Field Barns
Saturday, August 24
- 8:00 am Bird banding featuring live songbirds at ABO's bird banding station, starting from the Farmhouse
- 10:00 am Nature walk with Michael Forsberg
- 11:00 am- 1:30 pm Brunch with the Cranes at the Farmhouse. Enjoy healthy food and live music. ($10 donation per person).
Includes a book signing event with local authors.
- 11:30 am Crane Calling Contest for kids and adults. Coloring contest awards
- 12:00 pm Kids Crane Walk. Join a naturalist for a leisurely walk with kids of all ages.
- 1:00 pm Beginning Nature Photography Workshop. Advice for capturing great photos of cranes.
Bring your camera.
- 3:00 pm eBird Workshop. Alaska Audubon's Beth Peluso will teach you how to use eBird and then you will take a walk to try it out.
- 5:00 - 7:00 pm Tex-Mex Dinner, fund-raiser for Camp Habitat. ($10 per person donation suggested.)
7:30 pm Michael Forsberg talks about "Great Plains – America’s Lingering Wild" in Wedgewood Resort's Taiga Center, 212 Wedgewood Drive, located next to Antique Car Museum. ($5 donation suggested).
Raffle drawing for Alaska Air tickets.
Sunday, August 25
- 7:00 am Local Birding tour with Jim DeWitt. Meet at ABO to car pool and visit local birding hotspots.
- 10:00am - 11:30am Cranes, Coffee, and Croissants. Join Michael Forsberg for a cuppa and nature walk. ($5 donation suggested)
- 12:00 noon to 2:00 pm Drawing Cranes Workshop with Mark Ross. Bring pencils and sketchbook.
- 2:00 pm Live Birds of Prey - Local falconer Randall Compton will bring his trained birds and share his knowledge.
3:30 - 5:30 pm Crane Research Talks - inside the Alaska Fish and Game Building
To be announced
- 4:00 pm Kids Hopper Hunt - Searching for insects with kids of all ages.
- 5:00 pm Wildlife Photography Workshop.
- 6:00 - 7:30 pm Ice Cream Social - Enjoy ice cream with Craneberry toppings and music you can dance to.
- 6:30 pm Silent Auction Closes - You need not be present to win.
- 6:45 pm Membership Meeting for Friends of Creamer's Field. Everyone is welcome.